So I’ve been looking for a new steam iron for the last couple of weeks so I can offer you guys a few thoughts on a product you may not have tried before. As soon as the Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless Iron caught my eye, I was smitten. This steam iron is truly a thing of beauty and I knew as soon as I saw it that I had to get my hands on it. It just looks so different to all of the other steam irons out there.
Well, that day finally came and I am now ready to offer you a hands-on review of this iron and what it has to offer. First, let’s take a look at some features.
- The unique design, which is a little like a semi-circle, has a definite purpose. This is a multi-directional iron, which means you can run it over clothes however you want without any possibility of the front tip getting snagged on anything.
- The iron is uses cordless technology, which only adds to the ease of movement that I believe is the iron’s major selling point.
- If you do decide to use the cord, you will find that it is retractable, which makes storing the iron really easy.
- Steam levels are adjustable, meaning it can be used on all sorts of fabrics, thus improving its versatility.
- The electronic temperature controls are easy to use and offer even more control over your ironing.
- A seal inside the iron works as an anti-drip system, ensuring your clothes don’t end up soiled.
- If you put the iron on its charging base without turning it off, it will automatically shut down after 10 minutes.
Dimensions and Weight
Steamer Dimensions – 11.2 x 6.9 x 8.3 inches
Steamer Weight – 3.6 pounds
The soleplate is made using stainless steel, allowing the iron to glide over clothes easily. The rest is plastic.
The shape of this iron is its major selling point, as it is so easy to use, particularly on clothes that don’t have any buttons. The circular base also means that a larger surface area gets covered during your ironing, which really speeds things up. It’s light too, which means it really glides along the fabrics quickly. The multiple steam options are really useful, plus you should find that it heats up really quickly.
I really didn’t find much wrong with this steam iron. Granted, the circular design can make getting into really precise spots a little difficult, as you have less of a tip to work with, but even that can be remedied with a little bit of careful hand movement and iron control. The fact that you can only set the temperature level while the iron is connected to the base is a little irritating too, as it takes away one of the advantages of its cordless technology.
A great little iron, the Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless Iron is ideal for people that need to get through large loads without worrying too much about precision. A couple of little niggles, particularly the need to plug it back into its base to change the temperature, prevent it from getting a perfect mark. However, I would still recommend it based on quality of performance alone.